Honesty is the best policy. Find all the information you need below.
The below policies describe the practices of Commonwealth Building Supplies, Ltd. and its subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, and brands.
We believe in easy returns! Orders may be returned or exchanged within 30 days provided the items are in good sellable condition, have not been used, and have not been damaged. Returned items should also include their original packaging materials & any included accessories.
However; power equipment, light bulbs, breakers, mixed paint, live plants, water heaters, and cut to order items (pipe, rope, wire, chain, etc) cannot be returned or exchanged.
To initiate a return for an online order, please email our online support team at email@example.com. You will be provided with further instructions on how to initiate your return. Typically, returns can be made either in-store (during normal operating hours) or we can arrange a return pickup via courier service.
To initiate a return for an in-store purchase, please visist the branch where you made your purchase, or, if you have an inquiry prior to initiating your return you can email the branch where you originally made your purchase for further information. For branch contact information and hours please visit our branch finder page.
CBS Bahamas / CBS PROstore will replace any defective items at no cost to the customer. For warranty issues or defective items; any associated shipping, delivery, or pickup fees will be covered by CBS Bahamas / CBS PROstore. If you suspect that any of your items may be defective, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us in-store at the branch where the purchase was made.
Generally, CBS Bahamas & the CBS PROstore may not offer cash refunds. Store credit through gift cards is offered in its place. However, if you are requesting a return for a defective item, a cash refund will be allowed.
Please note that all original shipping & delivery charges are non-refundable once the order has shipped, and generally, CBS Bahamas / CBS PROstore will not be liable for shipping or delivery costs on returned items. However, if an item is being returned due to a defect or warranty issue, then we will happily cover any associated shipping or delivery fees!
Buy Online, Pickup In-Store
To cancel a 'Buy Online, Pickup In-Store' order, please email our online support team at email@example.com at the earliest opportunity.
In-Store Pickup orders are typically fulfilled instantly, and therefore may have a very limited cancellation window.
Should you wish to cancel your order, we will make every attempt to accommodate this request. However, if the cancellation window has passed & your order has processed, you may return any unwanted items in accordance with our return policy.
Deliveries and Shipments
To cancel a delivery order, please email our online support team at firstname.lastname@example.org at the earliest opportunity.
Next Day and Mailboat delivery orders may be cancelled within 1 hour of the order being placed. Same-Day delivery orders may be cancelled within 15 minutes of the order being placed. Orders cannot be cancelled once they have shipped and are en-route for delivery.
If it is too late to cancel your order, you may return any unwanted items in accordance with our return policy.
First off, we’d like to say thank you.
You have no idea how thrilled we are that you’ve selected CBS Bahamas as the supplier for your new cabinetry. We’re looking forward to this upcoming project, and we’re looking forward to being there for you every step of the way.
The below terms & conditions describe the practices of CBS Bahamas, Ltd. and its subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, and brands. These policies are meant to provide further information on our special-order supply process as we embark on this new & exciting cabinetry project.
Design Services - Terms, & Conditions
- Our ‘Fit Guarantee’ promises that your cabinets will fit perfectly into the designed space or area. After performing our site visit, and finalizing our line drawings, we can guarantee that your special-ordered cabinetry will fit into your space exactly as planned and described during the design process.
- If you are unable to accommodate a site visit (or prefer to proceed without one), a ‘No Site Visit’ waiver can be provided. By signing this waiver, you are in agreeance that any discrepancies relating to cabinetry fit or layout will be the sole responsibility of the buyer.
- Cabinetry designs are considered finalized once the customer has approved the design and paid the initial deposit. Once a design is marked as finalized there can be no further changes or alterations to the design. Any changes that occur to the project space or opening after the final site visit will void our ‘Fit Guarantee.’ Please note that designs incorporating appliances will use standard appliance heights unless otherwise specified by the customer during the design and layout process.
- CBS Bahamas does not provide or arrange installation of cabinetry products. Installation of cabinetry is the sole responsibility of the customer. CBS Bahamas may offer a list of suggested installers, but will take no liability or responsibility as it relates to the quality of the installation. CBS Bahamas will also not be liable for replacing or repairing any cabinetry components that may have been damaged or compromised due to improper installation.
- In the event that cabinetry components arrive damaged or destroyed from our overseas vendor, CBS Bahamas will accept full responsibility for replacing these compromised components in the shortest timeframe possible; and at no additional expense to the customer. However, any additional costs arising from delayed installation or completion will not be at the responsibility of CBS Bahamas.
- CBS Bahamas is only responsible for providing the components and products listed on the final agreed upon quote. Your Project Manager will ensure that you are clear on exactly what items will be provided as part of your order before you sign off on the quote and place the deposit.
- Upon approval of a cabinetry design, a 50% deposit is due in order to place the initial order with our vendors. Payments can be made via cash, credit card, or bank transfer. Please enquire directly with your Project Manager for more information related to making payments and deposits.
- Once your special-order cabinetry has arrived and been inspected, payment of the outstanding balance will be required prior to the cabinetry being delivered or made ready for pickup.
- Standard lead time for special order cabinetry is 4 weeks after the initial deposit is made. However, it is important to note that unexpected delays are possible and may arise. While we will do our absolute best to avoid any unexpected delays; CBS Bahamas will not be held liable for orders that may be delayed unexpectedly and do not arrive within a the originally specified timeframe. Your Project Manager will keep you updated on a constant basis as it relates to lead time and estimated arrival date.
- There is no delivery fee associated with our cabinetry products. Further information on our various delivery programs can be viewed here.
- Customers wishing to have their cabinetry delivered to a Mailboat should indicate this as early as possible to their Project Manager to ensure proper packaging & protection of cabinetry components. Further delivery options for out island customers can be viewed here.
- In line with our standard delivery policy, Customers will be required to sign a 'Proof of Delivery' acknowledging safe receipt of items & packages at the time of delivery. Once this document has been signed; CBS Bahamas will no longer be held liable for any claims of damaged or compromised cabinet components.
- Your Project Manager will provide you with the latest warranty information as per your cabinetry supplier. CBS Bahamas will honor any manufacturer or vendor supplied warranties unless otherwise stipulated.
For more information on our Price Match Guarantee please click here.
CBS Bahamas is fully-committed to ensuring your privacy and safety whenever you visit our website. In line with this, we have created this policy to guide you on how we use and protect the information and data you provide us with.
When using our website, you are required to provide important personal information such as your name and email address. This information along with the rest that we collect during registration are used to make communication with you more personal, and to improve your experience when using our website.
Only authorized employees within CBS Bahamas are allowed to view and access this account information. All information collected will be used ONLY for the following purposes:
- Record keeping.
- To help improve the company’s products and services.
- Forwarding of the company’s new products, promotions, or other information offered by us or by our authorized third-party affiliates; which we feel you will find useful.
- Market research purposes.
Additionally, we do not collect or store credit card or payment information. We use a third-party payment gateway, First Atlantic Commerce, to process payments made to us via a secure Hosted Payment Page that is hosted and managed by FAC. In connection with the processing of such payments, we do not retain any personally identifiable information or any financial information such as credit card numbers.
CBS Bahamas regularly inspects its systems and data to ensure you get the best service possible. To prevent your account and information from being compromised, we have integrated electronic and managerial procedures to protect the data collected online. All account information is stored in a secure database which is maintained and monitored closely by our personnel.
We do not collect or store credit card or payment information. Instead, First Atlantic Commerce provides a secure hosted payment page with tokenization capabilities, where you can enter your payment information directly. Tokenization is a process that replaces sensitive card information with a unique identifier or token, further enhancing the security of your transactions. This method ensures that your sensitive card information is submitted through a secure channel and is not stored on our systems. The hosted payment page is fully PCI compliant, adhering to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), which is a set of security standards designed to protect cardholder data and reduce the risk of data breaches.
Should any unauthorized action against our data and systems take place, we will conduct the necessary investigations with the intent of prosecuting or taking civil proceedings against those responsible, and to recover and fix any form of damage.
Confidentiality and Disclosure of Information
CBS Bahamas considers the personal records of our clients and all other information provided by them as confidential. As such, we will not divulge this information to any third-party other than those listed as our authorized affiliates. However, we may disclose information - if legally required by the appropriate authorities - to comply with any government regulation or request to assist in the investigation of suspected fraud or any other potential threat.
CBS Bahamas does not disclose, sell, or rent any personal information received from our clients to any unauthorized third party. We also do not use your email address for unsolicited mail. Emails and other form of communication sent by the company will solely be in connection with the provision of the agreed services and products.
User Data Deletion
We recognize the importance of your right to control your personal information. In accordance with applicable data protection laws and regulations, you have the right to request the deletion of your personal information that we hold.
To request the deletion of your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com. Upon receiving your request, we will verify your identity and review the request to ensure that it meets the applicable legal requirements.
Please note that there may be circumstances in which we are unable to delete your personal information entirely, such as when:
- Retention is necessary to complete the transaction or provide the service you have requested.
- Retention is required to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements.
- Retention is needed for our legitimate business purposes, such as fraud prevention or maintaining the security of our systems.
In cases where we cannot delete your information entirely, we will inform you of the specific reasons and any available options. Once the information is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was retained, we will securely delete or anonymize your personal information to ensure your privacy is protected.
By accessing our website, you agree to abide to the terms and conditions listed above and to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of The Bahamas in all disputes resulting from such access. Should any of the terms listed be deemed as invalid or unenforceable for any reason, these terms will be removed. However, the remaining terms and conditions will still apply.
Failure to enforce any of the provisions found in these terms and conditions or failure to exercise any option to terminate should be construed as a waiver of the provisions and will not affect the validity of our Terms and Conditions.
Exclusions and Limitations
All accounting data and other product information posted on our web site are provided on an "as is" basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law, it excludes the following:
- All representations and warranties relating to this website and its contents or those that may be provided by any affiliates or any other third party, including in relation to any inaccuracies or omissions in this website and/or the Company’s literature; and
- All liability for damages arising out of or in connection with your use of this website. This includes, without limitation, direct loss, loss of business or profits (whether or not the loss of such profits was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things or you have advised us of the possibility of such potential loss), damage caused to your computer, its software, systems and programs and the data thereon or any other direct or indirect, consequential and incidental damages.
Unless stated otherwise, all contents displayed in this website are considered the exclusive and intellectual property of the CBS Bahamas or by the third-party affiliates who have licensed their materials to the company. The company’s logo, designs, slogans, and names are all trademarked unless specified. The brand names, products and specific services found and offered on this website have also been trademarked. Any unauthorized distribution, publication or selling of the text, images, programs, or other related content is prohibited and is punishable by law unless there is an express written consent provided by the company.
Pricing and Content
CBS Bahamas ensures to the best of our ability that all product information and pricing are accurate. However, typographical errors may occur. In the event that the product you ordered contains an error in pricing or in any of its data, we may either contact you for instructions or cancel your order and notify you of the cancellation.
CBS Bahamas does not warrant that the service from this site will be uninterrupted, timely or error free during the course of your visit, although it is provided to the best ability. By using this service you thereby clear the company, its employees, agents and other affiliates against any loss or damage, in whatever manner, howsoever caused.
Notification of Changes
CBS Bahamas reserves the right to alter any of the terms and conditions listed here from time to time as seen fit. Any changes made to our policies will automatically be announced on our website. Should there be any change in the process of how we use our customers’ Personally Identifiable Information, an email notification will be sent to the users affected by this change. It is also advised that you re-read this statement regularly for any updates.
Cookies also help us to determine the pages that are most visited by our users, monitor and analyze web traffic, and further improve site functionality. Rest assured that all information gathered from this is used solely for statistical analysis and will be automatically deleted from our system.